Kaw Prairie worship is indeed casual on the outside, serious on the inside. The worship services are a balance of light-hearted warmth, soulful contemporary music, powerful ancient sacraments and engaging Biblical messages.
Another unique thing about Kaw Prairie is that we really believe in family
worship, but we also recognize that younger worshipers have limited attention spans and need age-appropriate experiences, too. Children in Kindergarten through 5th grade register for the children's Kingdom Kids program prior to worship, but they accompany their parents into the service area for the first 30 minutes of worship music and Holy Communion before leaving for their own 45-minute program. Children from birth through preschool have optional full-service programs. Many parents choose to take their 3-5 year olds to the Jonah And The Whales classroom after Communion at the same time the older children are dismissed.
Both the 9 am and 10:45 am Sunday morning services follow a similar pattern:
- Enter from either side of the building. There's way more parking on the front (north) side, and a much closer drop-off!
- If you've got kids, please register them at either children's desk before worship starts. You'll receive a computer-generated matching pair of claim tags, so that no one but the wearer can pick up your child(ren) from their classrooms after worship. Medical/special needs are also recorded for safety's sake.
- Want caffeine? Brewed coffee's free inside the worship area and specialty drinks are available for purchase at the coffee bar across from the PlayLand.
- Worship starts with a powerful music set from the worship band
- Music resumes during Holy Communion, so the mood stays powerful as worshippers come forward for the sacrament.
- After Communion, there's a short time for announcements and greetings, during which the Kingdom Kids children (3 years-5th grade) are dismissed to the children's wing for their own kid-geared worship, teaching and small group time.
- Then, when the noise of excited kids recedes, Pastor Dan leads the adults and teenagers in an in-depth but fast-moving Bible-based message, with multi-media accents but solid scriptural foundations.
- Following the message, worshippers can either listen quietly or join in singing with a passionate pair of band-led worship songs, and then depart in peace to serve the Lord!
- After worship (or a quick detour for refreshments), parents are asked to retrieve their kiddos from their classrooms.
So come visit us this week at Kaw Prairie. Put on some casual clothes (and even a hat if it’s not a good hair day!), leave your coffeemaker
off, head over to K7 & Prairie Star Parkway, pour yourself somecoffee, slip into a comfortable chair and let the Holy Spirit
lift your spirits as worship begins! You'll feel something good.
You'll learn something great. Who knows? You may even become more of
the you God planned for you to be!
- Note about teenagers: Middle & High School students have a fun and dynamic worship and Bible Study program called WILD at 6-8 pm on Sunday evenings during the school year. Sunday morning music and messages are geared mainly for adults, but are normally interesting and appropriate for teenage worshipers, too.